- Caran D’Ache is an extremely high quality Pastel Pencil
- High quality pigment and vibrant colours
- Slightly softer than Faber-Castell but harder than CarbOthello
- Easy to Use – Pastel Pencils already feel a natural tool to work with
- 84 colours to choose from. Making it the widest range of Pastel Pencils on the market.
The Caran D’Ache Pastel Pencil set is a great addition to your pastel pencil range. Let’s address the elephant in the room – the price. These pencils are the most expensive we’ve come across on the market (£3.25 RRP!?!). However the quality of these pencils justify the price point. If you are looking to invest in a high quality pastel pencil then these pencils are ideal. We recommend just getting a few colours to begin with to expand your range to begin with.
One of the huge selling points about this range is the variety of colours and tones that you can get, with 84 to choose from there are so many in between tones that we would not have had before. They are hexagonal shape and are best sharpened with a knife or sanding block.
Colour Chart (Click to Enlarge)